Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park are not the only ones who go all out for Halloween! Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland hotels are celebrating the holiday and you don’t need a park ticket to enjoy them! Here we will tell you all about the treats and activities!
If you are not heading into the Disney parks this year, we got you covered! We are going to tell you all about the Halloween treats, shopping, and activities you can do while being surrounded by the Disney world. All of these things can be enjoyed without a ticket to the parks!
Halloween Food and drinks at Downtown Disney District
Ballast Point Brewing Co. (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- Black Garlic Fettuccine and Mussels: This spooky dish is new to Ballast Point Brewing Co! It comes with squid ink pasta (they are black in color), black garlic alfredo sauce, and topped with Mussels.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake is a perfect fall dessert! It is a marble pumpkin cheesecake that comes with brown butter crumble topping and drizzled with a house-made Pumpkin caramel sauce which is made with their Pumpkin Down Beer.
- Pumpkin Down Float: If you are a fan of floats and beer, you will love it! It comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and their Pumpkin Down beer.
Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes (Available October 25th through 31st)
- Halloween CrazyShake lives up to its name! It is a chocolate milkshake with a vanilla frosted rim and candy corn. On top of the milkshake, they add a spider-web chocolate cupcake, two twisty pops, rock candy, orange sprinkles, whipped cream, and chocolate drizzle.
California Churro (Available October 1st through 31st)
- Halloween Lollipop Churro is a new treat that is coming to Downtown Disney! It is a round churro that is rolled in cinnamon sugar. They drizzle it with peanut butter and chocolate sauce and topped with peanut butter candy pieces.
Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- The “Witchy Worm’n”: This is a witchy adult drink that comes with vodka, melon liqueur, orange juice, a splash of Sprite, and comes with a gummy worm!
Kayla’s Cake (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- Scary Eyeball Macaron: This scary treat comes with cinnamon apple compote and salted caramel buttercream.
- Pumpkin Spiced Jack-O-Lantern Macaron: This super cute Jack-O-Lantern macaron comes with pumpkin-spiced ganache.
Naples Ristorante e Bar (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- Pumpkin Blooderscotch Cannoli: This spooky Halloween dessert comes with Cannoli shells filled with pumpkin and butterscotch chip cannoli cream. It was served with whipped cream, a red caramel drizzle, and a candy knife.
- Dragon Eye Punch Mocktail is a non-alcoholic drink that comes with beet water, orange juice, strawberry syrup, grenadine, and dragon eye fruit (which is similar to the fruit, lychee).
- Orange Goosebumps: If you are looking for a spooky alcoholic drink, Orange Goosebumps is it! It came with black vodka, orange liqueur, and orange juice.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- Halloween Roll: If you love sushi and Halloween, this is for you! They wrap tempura-fried soft-shell crab, cucumber, and sushi rice in nori paper. It is topped with tempura flakes and sesame seeds.
- Ghost Brownies: This super cute Halloween dessert is a Ghirardelli brownie cut and topped with torched marshmallow fluff, chocolate drizzle, and ghostly marshmallows.
- Vampire’s Kiss: This Halloween drink comes with raspberry vodka and raspberry purée. They top it with sparkling Moscato.
Tortilla Jo’s (Available September 1st through October 31st)
- Tentacle Tacos: This is the most spooky dish that you can get this Halloween! It is grilled octopus al pastor tacos with pineapple pico de Gallo and salsa chipotle. The corn tortillas are infused with octopus ink!
- Creepy Jo’s Cocktail comes with margarita mix, gin, simple syrup, cranberry juice, and a splash of grenadine.
Marceline’s Confectionery (Available September 1st through October 31st)
These treats are the ones sold in the parks as well!
- Minnie Witch, Skull Apple, Minnie Bat, or Candy Corn Minnie: There are three Halloween caramel apples that you can pick from, or get all three! (The Minnie Bat one won’t be available until September 4th)
- Minnie with an orange bow, Candy Corn, or Pumpkin Mickey cake pops: You can pick from three cute cake pops!
- Oogie Boogie, Minnie Bat, or Ghost cereal treat: There are three Halloween cereal treats this year!
- Mickey Marshmallow Mummy Pop is a super cute Mickey-shaped marshmallow pop that is covered in vanilla chocolate and has two dark chocolate eyes.
Halloween Brunch and Dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen
Goofy’s Kitchen which is located in the Disneyland Hotel (You can enter the hotel from the Downtown Disney entrance) is offering a special dining experience for Halloween! From September 21st through October 31st, they are doing a Halloween-themed Brunch and Dinner! They will have special character appearances, a special menu for the season, and more!
- $62 (Adult)
- $34 (Child – 3-9 years old)
- $75 (Adult)
- $37 (Child – 3-9 years old)
Halloween decorations and food at Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Our family always stops by Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa during the Halloween season! They go all out with special treats and a GIANT cake that is Instagram-worthy! In the past years, they had an Oogie Boogie cake but this year, they are changing it up and the talented bakers made a Coco-inspired cake that features Miguel and Dante!
The Coco Cake is so awesome that you will want to see it in person! The whole thing is edible and looks amazing! It is made out of cake, krispie treats, fondant, and modeling chocolate. They list all of the ingredients and you can even meet the bakers who made it!
NOTE: You don’t have to be a guest to enter the Grand Californian! There is an entrance to the hotel in Downtown Disney (right between The Disney Dress Shop and Sephora)! We highly recommend grabbing some of the Halloween treats and sitting by the fireplace! They have rocking chairs and benches where enjoy your treats!
Grand Californian Great Hall Cart which is right next to the Coco cake is going to have tons of Coco-inspired treats that you can buy! Here is a list of the goodies that you can buy from September 1st to November 1st!
- Horchata Cookie: These cookies are filled with cajeta (Mexican Caramel)
- Gingerbread Calavera Cookie: You can get a Gingerbread cookie that is decorated like a Sugar Skull.
- Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Sticks: They take pretzel rods and dip them in white chocolate and sprinkles.
- Cookie Box: This is a perfect gift! It is a box filled with a Pumpkin Mickey sugar cookie, raspberry-filled cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate candies.
- Macaron Box: Here is another great gift idea! It comes with macarons!
- Coco’s Dante crisped rice treat: It is dipped in white chocolate.
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Cinnamon Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Vanilla Sugar Cookie
- Smothered Potato Chips
- Chocolate Chip Cookie, Gingerbread Cookie, Churro Cookie, Red Velvet Cookie, Double Chocolate Cookie Shot, or a Pumpkin Cookie Shot that comes with your choice of milk
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Liqueur (Available with a choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata)
- Hot Chocolate (Non-alcoholic or alcoholic version with choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata)
Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit in Downtown Disney District
Every year, Downtown Disney District does a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt! It is called Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit and the goal of the hunt is to track down 13 hidden Disney-themed pumpkins that are hidden around Downtown Disney. After you find all the pumpkins, you get a special prize!
Find out more about Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit here!
Disney-themed Halloween Entertainment
During the Halloween season, Downtown Disney will have spooky carolers which Disney gave them the name of SCAREolers. During the evenings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you will be treated to the ghostly acappella group that sings tributes to Disney villains and some classics!
In the past years, they walked around Downtown Disney and performed around the Wonderground shop.
Disney Halloween Merchandise
Did you know you don’t need a Disneyland ticket to buy Disney Halloween Merch? You can check out all of the new items in Downtown Disney! World of Disney and Disney Home are the best places to find home decor, Minnie Ears, Spirit Jersey, and more!
Find out more about Downtown Disney District here!